IT, MIS, & EDI
Manager • Analyst • Integrator
Jim is an IT Professional focused on manufacturing Supply Chain and Financial Systems automation, management, and support. With over 30 years of IT and EDI experience, he brings a fresh perspective to the management and support all aspects of IT operations, as well as integrating legacy and current technologies.
Interested? Send Jim a message!
Loras College, Dubuque, IA
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology
Minor in English Writing with an emphasis on Computer Science and Psychology Research.
EDI, XML, SAP iDoc
BizTalk, GIS, GENTRAN, Trusted Link Enterprise
AS2, FTP, SFTP
Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle Applications
Hyper-V Failover Cluster
Maintaining a 17.5 acre pasture supporting the local cattle farming community
Designing, developing, and managing personal and client websites
Developing home labs and servers
SP Orian LLC
Orian Rugs manufactures machine-woven area rugs to the wholesale and retail supply chain.
Jun 2009 - Present
Manage all IT infrastructure, operations, and purchases including Hyper-V Failover Clusters and all related virtual and physical hardware, software, and network infrastructure. Manage and support a Microsoft BizTalk-based Electronic Data interchange (EDI) system. Provide end user support for Dynamics AX ERP. Manage and support SharePoint on premises and SharePoint 365 instances. Manage SQL Servers, Windows servers, PC clients, VM and physical backups, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, and security solutions. Develop and maintain internal and external website solutions.
- Migrated IT assets to new ownership.
- Assisted in planning and migrating a physical server infrastructure to an on premises virtual environment significantly reducing hardware and support costs.
- Deployed Microsoft BizTalk EDI integrating Finance, Supply Chain, and Transportation documents form X12 Trading Partners with Microsoft Dynamics AX using XSL/XSLT and C# via AS2, FTP, and SFTP ensuring high accuracy and timely delivery of EDI data.
- Migrated large-volume EDI customers from VAN to direct AS2 reducing monthly communication costs by over 40%.
- Researched and migrated to a replacement EDI VAN solution reducing monthly VAN communication costs by 60%.
- Implemented SharePoint 365 and migrated on premises SharePoint instances to SharePoint 365 using ShareGate providing remote access to sales and support staff.
- Assisted in planning and executing a complete redesign of the network infrastructure providing higher security and greater throughput.
Datric provides functional consulting, application and system design, data integration, and data warehousing solutions.
Aug 2007 – May 2009
Provided EDI consulting to Avaya on behalf of IBM to manage, develop, and support an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system integrating EDI X12, EDIFACT, and SAP IDoc documents across multiple SAP platforms using Harbinger Trusted Link Enterprise (TLE).
- Coordinated and managed the onboarding of new EDI Trading Partners ensuring vendor certification and compliance, developed ANSI X12 and EDIFACT mapping, and coordinated support and issue resolution with customers, vendors, and the VAN.
- Authored EDI Mapping Specifications Documents to provide clarification and direction to assist in the migration of all EDI processing from Harbinger TLE to a new Sterling Commerce GIS managed services solution.
- Authored Training Documents and conducted knowledge transfer sessions with an offshore team of eight to transition all EDI support to India per IBM’s support requirements.
Plastic Omnium Auto Exterior
Plastic Omnium is a Tier-1 producer of injection-molded plastic parts for the leading auto manufacturers.
Feb 2004 – Jul 2007
Deployed, managed, and maintained external applications and systems interfaced to SAP including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), MQSeries, and Barcode labeling systems at a Tier-One auto parts manufacturer.
- Managed a GENTRAN EDI system integrating EDIFACT and ANSI X12 trading partners with SAP IDoc files via AS2 and FTP ensuring timely and accurate communication among automotive partners and manufacturers.
- Deployed and managed MQSeries sequencing systems in four regional locations providing time-critical communication with the customers to comply with customer requirements.
- Managed a Teklogix wireless barcode scanning infrastructure in four regional locations and secondary support to three locations in Mexico resulting in more timely and accurate data entry.
- Managed hardware platforms including Intermec, Zebra, and TEC label printers in four regional locations increasing the accuracy and reliability of work cell reporting.
Accenture Technology Solutions
Accenture provides technical consulting and innovation to fortune 500 companies.
Nov 2003 – Feb 2004
Created documentation and training in support of an Oracle development team. Developed and updated PL/SQL programs supporting Oracle Applications for the client.
- Provided infrastructure and PL/SQL instruction familiarizing new team members with the development environment.
- Planned and authored Technical Specifications and Test Plan documents providing direction and clarity to the development team ensuring industry and company compliance.
Siemens Building Technologies
Siemens Building Technologies manufactures electronic control components for the HVAC industry.
Oct 1999 – Oct 2003
Supported Oracle Applications, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) integration for Supply Chain and Finance, developed Oracle Applications queries and programs, and authored technical documentation.
- Managed a Harbinger Trusted Link Enterprise X12 EDI platform, developed EDI mapping, and onboarded new Trading Partners.
- Designed and developed Oracle Applications customizations using Oracle SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and Oracle Reports increasing data visibility to Management and end users.
- Helped to deploy Oracle Applications modules to replace legacy systems increasing capabilities, streamlining system architecture, and reducing overall operational costs.
- Authored Feasibility Study, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, and Test Plan documents to ensure project compliance.
- Provided end user support and training for multiple Oracle Applications modules and processes.
Accenture provides technical consulting and innovation to fortune 500 companies.
Feb 1989 – Oct 1999
Managed Computer Department; interfaced with the owner and upper management to develop, maintain, and support customizations to ERP systems; developed integrated Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and ERP systems; managed, maintained, and supported multiple hardware and software platforms; and provided end user training and support.
- Developed and managed an ERP-integrated EDI system increasing the sales capacity for multiple high volume just-in-time supply chain customers.
- Streamlined Order Entry, Manufacturing, and Shipping computing processes, reducing manual data entry, headcount, and costs
- Designed, installed, and supported a company-wide network infrastructure providing inter-system connectivity between two manufacturing locations.
- Researched, deployed, and managed an Internet connectivity solution providing a global presence through corporate email, FTP, and Web servers.
- Computing Platforms: Physical and Virtual Servers, PC, Mac, Compaq UNIX, HP-9000, DEC MicroVAX
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Windows, Linux, Tru64 UNIX, HP-UX, OpenVMS
- Virtualization: Hyper-V, Hyper-V Failover Cluster, Proxmox, VMWare EXSi
- EDI Applications and Tools: Microsoft BizTalk, GIS, GENTRAN Server for Windows, Trusted Link (TLE), EDITran, EDIWindows, STX-12
- EDI Communication and Transport: AS2, FTP, SFTP, CLEO
- Programming Languages: C#, WinBatch, AutoIT, Progress, VAX BASIC, UNIX shell, VAX/VMS DCL
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle SQL*Plus, Oracle PL/SQL
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, Bottomline Transform, Oracle Reports, TOAD, Optio DCL, Optio Design Studi
- Web/Graphics Development: WordPress (GeneratePress, GenerateBlocks, ACF, Gutenberg, Oxygen Builder, Elementor), Microsoft Expression Web, Joomla, PHP-Nuke, HTML, PHP, PhotoShop, GIMP
- Productivity Applications: Microsoft 365, SharePoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes